<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Ode to Rice 

Rice is cheap, easy to cook and goes well with anything. It is filling and you can even use it to bulk up certain foods. Add it to any stew, curry, soup, etc. and it will be like you have more of it. I can make a pot of curry last two weeks because I always mix in a little rice.

Or make that a lot of rice.

It's also great on it's own, or with shoyu, or nori, or furikake. Rice comes in 20 pound bags that cost five dollars and lasts for months. Or weeks, if I am really hungry. If the other food on your plate is too spicy, rice will be right next to it to save the day. For rice soothes. Rice comforts. Rice leads me by still waters. Rice restores my soul. Oh rice, if thoust were but a woman, I could make sweet love to thee. But alas, my love for rice, as with many great loves, shall go unrequited. Unless, perhaps, I poke a hole in the bag. But I shall not abuse rice so!