<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Dreams 

Last night I had a dream about Henry Rollins.




Contrary to what you might think by this, the punk rocker/actor/poet/TV host's natural expression, in my dream he was not screaming and beating me into submission while demons feasted upon my soul. It was somehow a little stranger than that. In my dream, Henry actually looked somewhat like this:




Which is to say he kinda looked like this:




And even a little like this:



In my dream, Henry Rollins had become a raspy-voiced Top 40 singer from the 80s, though he didn't quite have the Richard Marx hair. Rollins was singing a power ballad that's still stuck in my head about how he used to laugh at guys like Richard Marx and Don Henley for being such unbelievably sappy sell-outs until one day he realized the pain that these MOR singers had tucked away inside them. So Henry identified with them and soon became one of them, singing in a very non-Henry crooner sort of way and making black and white videos about regret.

One day scientists have to invent a machine that downloads dreams, because this one was very interesting, to me anyway. And the song was quite catchy as well.