<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 05, 2004

My Heart is Torn Asunder 

The University of Hawaii's dream of an undefeated season is no more, as they lost their season opener to Florida Atlantic, 35 to 28. Yes, that's right, the same Florida Atlantic you've never even heard of. So go ahead and laugh! I don't give a crap! But let me tell you one thing...

*cue ominous 50s noir music, along with corresponding noir accent*

Unlike you, at least I'm passionate about something! Oh, I'm sorry, did I touch a nerve? Forgive me, please, for I had no idea you still felt anything, seeing as how your heart is as barren as an empty tin of childhood promise! Seeing as how your life now consists of nothing more than a going through of the motions, secretly longing -- not only for that young scamp you didn't have the courage to take to the ball all those years ago -- but for the cold comfort of death's eternal embrace! That's right baby! The big sleep!

I suppose I'm taking this loss a bit too hard. There will be other games, after all. Sigh.

In other news, it is really hot today, like 95 degrees in L.A. and 101 in Long Beach. I'm so glad I'm not a gardener, though I did water my bell peppers today. Here, have a gander.