<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 31, 2004

Constructi-cons 

So, I have to go to sleep soon knowing that in a little over six hours, I will be jarred from my slumber by the sound of hammers, drills and electric sanders.

Our next door neighbor is building a new house, or should I say "remodeling" his old house. Basically, it's considered a remodel because he left one wall up from the original house that got demolished. I guess they don't have to get permits or something because of it. But make no mistake, they are totally building a new house. And it's taking forever.

I always thought residential construction wasn't supposed to take place on weekends. But this guy doesn't think so. Hasn't he heard that Sunday is the day of rest? And I'm sure Saturday was always intended to be a day of rest as well, dammit. He sure likes to start early too, like at 7:30 in the morning, a time which should really be reserved for the sunrise and the tweeting birds and the rest of God's creation, not power tools and the sounds of port-a-pottie doors slamming and hairy guys spitting galagalas on the ground.

Oh well, here I am, losing precious sleep time. I should probably just shut up and invest in some ear plugs. Good night.

UPDATE: Yes, they did wake me up, but only because one of them was singing and pounding a drumbeat on my wall (which runs along the property line) GRRRRRRR!!!!