<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Watching Our President on TV... 

...squirm.

I hope when I grow up, I can avoid questions with more grace and agility.

QUESTION: Mr. President, why are you and the vice president insisting on appearing together before the 9-11 commission? And, Mr. President, who will we be handing the Iraqi government over to on June 30th?

BUSH: We'll find that out soon. That's what Mr. Brahimi is doing. He's figuring out the nature of the entity we'll be handing sovereignty over.

And, secondly, because the 9-11 commission wants to ask us questions, that's why we're meeting. And I look forward to meeting with them and answering their questions.

QUESTION: I was asking why you're appearing together, rather than separately, which was their request.

BUSH: Because it's a good chance for both of us to answer questions that the 9-11 commission is looking forward to asking us. And I'm looking forward to answering them.


That's kinda like being asked why you're going to school without any pants on, and saying, "Because I have to go to school."

"But why go to school without wearing pants?"

"Because if I don't go to school, I won't learn! Next question!"

Now I see why Bush and Cheney are gonna testify together. Bush needs to be chaperoned by his dad's friend so he can't say anything stupid.

UPDATED