<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Stinky 

There is an awful smell in my apartment, and I don't know where it's coming from. It smells like rotting garbage, but it isn't coming from the garbage can, because I emptied it. And it's not the kitchen sink, nor is it the bathroom, since I cleaned both this weekend -- not that either of those places would smell like that anyway, ahem.

Maybe it's a rat that crawled under my refrigerator to die. I've heard of that happening. Well, I hope not. For one, that would mean I have rats.

Perhaps somebody dropped a hamburger patty between my couch cushions. That's happened before.

I'm too afraid to look around anywhere else. I'm afraid I would find something horrible. I have a phobia of decomposition, which I don't think is really a phobia since I'm sure no one really likes it, but I think maybe it's somewhat more acute for me. When I was younger, my cousin took me to a canal to see a dead dog, and it was totally infested with flies and maggots and all sorts of awful nasty things. Then he threw a rock at it... Okay, I won't describe any more because I'm getting nauseous just remembering. But speaking of such things, albeit in a more lighthearted manner, here's a joke I remember from childhood:

Q: What happened to Mozart when he died?

A: He decomposed!

Hohoho! That was actually from some children's joke book I read a long time ago, so I can't take credit for such genius.

UPDATE: You see, Mozart was a famous composer, so when he died, he dec-- aww forget it!