<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Toothache! 

Oh well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. After three years of not going to the dentist, I finally have a cavity. Well, it's not for sure yet, since I haven't been to the dentist, but I know it's there. I can feel it. Especially when I drink really cold water. Yikes!

I guess I could blame my avoidance of the dentist on my lack of dental insurance for the past three years. But I think that's just an excuse. I could've easily gone out and gotten insurance, I think. I figured if I just gargled enough Listerine, I wouldn't need to. But there's not enough Listerine in the world to hide the fear and the shame. Oh lordy, the shame!

So I'm scheduled to go in for X-rays next Tuesday with my recently purchased dental insurance. Hopefully technology has advanced since the last time I had my cavities filled -- back then they had to stick needles in my gums, and drill, with an actual drill, into my teeth. How barbaric!

Maybe this time my teeth will be treated with a nice subsonic blast, which, while deadly to plaque, produces a nice soothing vibration for me. One that that shall hum me to sleep in the way only a robot mama can.