<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Bleah 

When you drunkenly vomit out of the window of your friend's car, decorating his car door with the pizza he bought for you earlier that evening, it's kinda funny.

When you do it again a few years later when you're a little older and should know better -- it's still kinda funny. But also kinda sad.

Monday night, four of my friends and I went to see the University of Hawaii basketball team beat the Nebraska Cornhuskers in an exciting NIT tournament game. I know, the NIT is not the NCAA tournament, but it's still awesome, you snobs.

Before the game, we went to a local bar to kill some time. I bought the group some fries and a pitcher of beer.

At the game, it was a very loud and rowdy atmosphere, and we yelled ourselves hoarse. So we had to buy more beer to soothe our throats.

After Hawaii won, we went to the nearby bar/pizza place, where we ate pizza, which my friend so kindly bought for us, and drank more beers.

And then some foolish person suggested that we get shots. And so we had those shots, followed by five more rounds.

Afterwards, our designated driver, the one who bought us the pizza, drove us home. And along the way, I guess motion sickness came into play...

(You must know that in the past year I probably had the equivalent of one beer a week before I went on this trip. And so the tolerance isn't so high. Well, even if it was, my goodness!)

And so at a stoplight, I rolled down the window and let out a torrent of liquid pizza all over the road and a good portion of the side of my friend's car, surely frightening whatever tourists were nearby. And I pretty much did this all the way home.

And I tell this not out of foolish drunken pride, but as a lesson.

And the lesson is this: Liquor before beer, you're in the clear. Beer before liquor, you're never sicker.

Something we should've remembered!

I did the same thing in the same car four years ago (but out another window). We were in college then, so I guess I had an excuse -- we were in college! But this time, even though I'm still in my 20s, I feel like I should be beyond this sort of behavior. Oh what folly! I mean, I guess I can take consolation in the fact that at least I didn't set out to get drunk -- it just happened, heh heh. Errr. But still, as much as I think I've grown up, there are moments like this to remind me that, no, I really haven't. Oh well, check back on me in another four years, and if I've done it again, you can call me a sad old man then.