<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 07, 2004

Spring is here, and so is summer 

It's finally starting to feel like spring. Summer actually, since it was in the mid-80s today. I had wanted to go sledding this weekend, since there was a massive snowfall in the mountains last week, but with today's weather, I didn't wanna drive all the way there only to find nothing but slush. Especially with gasoline costing like $2.20 a gallon. So instead, I went bike riding.

The only time I seem to ride my bike is to go to the neighborhood grocery store, which is about a mile away. But since the grocery clerks went on strike this past October, my bike, along with my fitness program, have been suffering from neglect. Yes, that's me, blaming the grocery strike for my laziness.

Thankfully though, the strike ended this past week, so I was able to ride to the store today, getting some much needed exercise, along with some much needed snacks, soda and ice cream.

On my way back from the store, I almost hit a dog. It barked and started chasing after me. Well, what do you expect, sleeping on the sidewalk and all, I wanted to say. But instead I had a panicked flashback to my newspaper delivery days, when as a young boy, I got bit on the foot by a terrier.

Luckily, the owner of today's dog yelled "HEY!" at either me or the dog, which was enough to get it to stop chasing me, thus averting another canine disaster and subsequent recurring nightmare.

And I wonder why I don't ride my bike more often. But it was a good day. Tomorrow, back to work.