<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Superfly 

My friend had me tape wrestling last night, so for the first time in about 20 years, I got to see men in speedos slap each other.

If you don't count that one night my uncle got upset with his boyfriend.

And I don't.

But guess who made an appearance on last night's show? That's right, it was none other than Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka. This is him 20 years ago:



Quite the dashing young lad, eh? Well, It was kind of a shock to see how old he looked last night. He looked like his own dad. But then again, the last time I saw him on TV was 20 years ago. So once I got over that, it was awesome.

He was there, along with The Rock, as part of a skit to set up to the latest Wrestlemania. Superfly didn't get to wrestle, which was a shame. But you know who did wrestle? Ric Flair. I'm not kidding. Isn't he like 70 years old? Well, to his credit, if Superfly Snuka looked 20 years older from when I last saw him, then Ric Flair looked exactly the same. I don't understand. He must feast upon the blood of the living.

Anyway, sorry for my wrestling reminisces. I'll stop before I segway into Transformers, GI Joe, Mask, Robotech, Jem and the Holograms and Thundercats.