<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 15, 2004

Damn Earwigs 

We used to call them pincher bugs when I was a kid. They were fun to catch, because we used to make 'em pinch other bugs. Yes, we were sadistic little kids. In fact we used to try to get them to pinch people. Oh, and I found out first hand that they bite worse than they pinch. Tricky bastards.

Anyway, I know this will make me sound like my grandma, but I'll say it anyway:

Those damn earwigs are eating my marigolds!

I don't want to use pesticides or anything on my plants, so I guess I shouldn't expect them to be bug free, but they're just totally being annihilated. Any suggestions? At least my tomato plants are relatively untouched, so that's good. Of course, when they get bigger, I'll have to deal with the giant caterpillars, but that's for later.