<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 23, 2004

What I Did For My Birthday 

Surprisingly, no binge-drinking. In fact, there was no booze at all. Not even a glass of wine or a bottle of beer. Not even a shot. Not even a hot toddy. Nope, all I had to drink on my birthday was some fruit punch and hot tea.

Something's terribly wrong!

But you know, it's probably a good thing, not ending up naked in some parking lot, running around and peeing on cars. Yet it's probably a sign that I may no longer be the dashing young lad anymore, or shall I say, the drunken unsteady young lad.

Oh, but it's all good. I'll probably get drunk at my friend's birthday next weekend.

So anyway, what did I do for my birthday? My girlfriend took me out for a sushi lunch, even though she doesn't like fish, then we watched Goonies, then we went to dinner at a Korean BBQ place, and then we made sweet butt love. I'm just kidding about that last one. Or am I?

And then I opened my presents! It was nice, one of my gifts was a bamboo steamer, which I will put to good use making dumplings and all sorts of meals that require steam. In fact, Cooking With Amy has a recipe I would like to try. I also got Risk, the board game, which will account for endless fun and hurt feelings.

Overall, a nice birthday. And I can remember it too!