<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Where Does The Time Go? 

Down the drain! Actually, that's where my money goes, but my time is for making the money that goes down the drain, so that's what I've been doing, dammit. Makes me appreciate more of what my dad did for us kids, working overtime to pay for our food and schooling and stuff. I am also two years older than he was when he became a father. That is kinda weird. I can't even imagine having kids yet. Maybe I was a mistake! That would be kinda funny. Maybe that's why my mom dropped me on my head when I was a baby. Not on purpose of course, or so she tells me...

So I'm actually working two jobs now. One is a full time and then some job, and the other is sort of an on-call place for when they need people. This week both places have needed me, so I've actually had to turn down work, which would've been unthinkable last year when I was unemployed with all my student loans, car insurance and stuff looming.

But anyway, that subject bores me. And I'm sure it's boring you. But you know what's a fun subject? Mockingbirds! My cell phone was ringing yesterday morning, and I was too sleepy to answer it. So it just kept ringing, and all of a sudden I hear the same ringing coming from outside my window. And you know what it was? A mockingbird! Imitating my cell phone! Isn't that hilarious? I've heard them imitate car alarms before, but I thought they had to practice first. This guy just picked it up right away. Ah, the wonders of nature... and cell phones.