<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Voting 

I hope everybody votes next week, because as you know, for the most part, every vote counts. As for me, I'm voting absentee! I've only filled in one circle so far, but there are all these other people I've never heard of, people running for State Assembly or Superior Court. Where can I get a list of the judges who are most lenient in punishing sodomy? And then there are all these measures and initiatives to decipher. It's amazing that people are asked to vote for things they know nothing about. I'm sure when voters encounter these names for the first time in the voting booth, they probably just check off the name of the guy that sounds the nicest. Or they just vote for the wrong reasons (For Prop 69, I will mark YES because I love 69ing). That's why I think absentee voting is the way to go, because then you can agonize over each initiative, reading what each side has to say on the issue, and then making an informed choice. Of course, my vote will be cancelled out by the guy who hates even numbers, but you can also say you cancelled his vote out. Something to think about!